luxurious spa waters
After our luxurious and relaxing day at the Willow Spring Spa at the Scottsdale Princess Resort on Friday, the very first thing I wanted to do when I got back home was to make a huge pitcher of spa water. You know what I’m talking about – the glorious fruit and herb infused waters they always have available to you at a luxury spa.
My absolute favorite flavor is one that I call “Summer’s Splendor”. To make it - find as huge a pitcher or dispenser as will fit in your refrigerator. Throw in several handfuls of fresh basil leaves, peel and then thinly slice one English cucumber and add it to the basil. Then take 1 or 2 lemons, wash really well, thinly slice, and add to the mix. Fill the picture with cold water and refrigerate.
I like to make this just before I go to bed and then enjoy it for the next day or two. Be sure to give it a good 12 to 18 hours to macerate and let the flavors blend.
Below you’ll find another 12 flavor blends to give you a nice baker’s dozen.
So, put on some soothing music, enjoy your refreshing spa water, and pretend you’re being pampered as you go about your day…cleaning house, catching up on emails, running errands, whatever it is – this simple indulgence will make it better! As L’Oréal’s famous long running advertising slogan says, “Because I’m worth it.”
- Slices of ripe peaches and one split vanilla bean*.
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary and mint with thin lemon, lime, and cucumber slices.
- Blackberries or strawberries, fresh sprigs of lavender, and lime slices.
- Slices of oranges, limes, grapefruit and lemons with a large bunch of seedless red grapes that have been sliced in half.
- Sliced fresh pineapple, two or three slices of fresh ginger, and a handful of mint sprigs.
- Orange slices and one split vanilla bean*.
- Peeled kiwi slices, lime slices, and mint.
- Fresh strawberries – sliced in half (leave the calyx on – that’s the green leafy part) and a handful of fresh basil.
- Thin lime slices, a handful of blackberries, and mint sprigs.
- Slices of fresh pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, and lime.
- Sliced strawberries, lemons, and mint.
- Thinly sliced orange, and slices of fresh ginger and stalks of lemongrass that have both been slightly smashed.
*The vanilla bean may be used over and over again.