Salmon is my “go to” main dish when I really don’t want to make dinner. We all love it, it’s fast and easy to cook, it’s pretty to look at, and lo and behold, it’s good for you.
While in Alaska this past August, we were told over and over again an easy way to remember the five types of Alaskan salmon. Now I share it with you.
- Your thumb rhymes with chum, hence Chum Salmon
- Your pointer finger is the one you might sock someone in the eye with, so Sockeye Salmon
- Your middle is the largest finger – for the King Salmon, the largest salmon
- Your ring finger is where you might wear a silver ring….for a Silver Salmon
- And your pinkie finger is easy! It’s the Pink Salmon
October 1, 2012 No Comments